CSLA will be recognizing outstanding leadership at the advisor level through a national award entitled the Leader of Distinction Award.
Educational leaders may nominate themselves, or they may be nominated by colleagues, students, or members of the community. A candidate must be an active or past member of CSLA or a provincial association.
- demonstrates excellence in leadership over a number of years
- is committed to professional growth
- teaches, coaches and helps others (students and colleagues)
- demonstrates and fosters imagination in bringing about positive change
- shows extraordinary commitment to student leadership
- demonstrates service to students, institution, and profession
- has evidence of impact on and involvement with students
Nominations are invited from the following:
- Informal groups of faculty or students, or both
- Local Faculty Associations
- Local Student Councils
The submission should include
- a letter from principal, teacher or equivalent that addresses the nominee’s special qualifications for the award
- independent evidence that the nominee has played a key role in the development of student leadership and is highly regarded by peers and students
- a digital photograph of the nominee, suitable for publicity
- a clear statement about the nominee’s contributions, and why he or she is being recommended
- the nominees’s full name, date of birth, current address and phone number
- a brief biography of the nominee
All nominations must be received by June 30. Up to three individuals may be nominated by each province. One package of material must be submitted per nominee. No late submissions will be presented at CSLC.
- Complete the entry requirements.
- Attach no more than letter(s) of support (one to two pages each).
Send your completed submission to:
2460 Tanner Road
Victoria, BC V8Z 5R1