Throughout your whole educational life, you will have many tests. It is not obvious to those who don't do well on tests, but good students are made and not born. Every student studies differently, but here a few general guidelines to follow that will make you a better student.
- Don't study with music or TV. You may feel that you study longer with this atmosphere, but you won't be studying as well as you would if it was quiet.
- Know which method of learning works best for you.
- Know what type of test you are studying for.
- Test yourself on what you predict might be on the test.
- Study in short, concentrated bursts of 15 to 20 minutes. Take a short break after summarizing what you have covered.
- Make sure the study area is free from interruption and well lit.
- Don't spend a lot of time studying what you already know. Also, don't leave what you are unsure of to the end of your study period.
- Schedule your studying time. Start a few days in advance and study a little bit each night.
- Find a comfortable place to study. It should not be so comfortable that you fall asleep. (your bed or a couch)